Skip to main content

24hr Helpline - ☎️ 0800 088 2142

Get help with your CCJ

It’s easy to check if you are eligible help with your CCJ:

  • Free CCJ Advice
  • Chat To A CCJ Expert
  • Stop Creditor Pressure
  • Bounce Back Loan Support
  • Unable To Repay Debts e.g HMRC and More
  • We Are Fully Licensed and Regulated
  • Free Director Redundancy Check, Average Claim *£9,000

Chat to an expert today

    100% Free & Confidential Advice

    “Excellent service dealt with everything in quick time and had to do nothing on my end! Thank you very much, would advise anyone who needs their help to do so!”

    Barbara JamesCompany Director

    “Brilliant and helpful, very responsive and a great help thank you”


    “Thank you for helping me in a time of need, i am ever so grateful for helping me get redundancy (£12,364) when my comany closed”

    Jessica SmithCompany Director

    What is a ccj?

    A CCJ is a County Court Order which can be made against your company to enforce debt repayment. Receiving a CCJ is worrying for many directors and it can have serious ramifications if left unpaid after 30 days.

    What are my options

    If your company has received a CCJ and you are unsure of what you need to do, here are some options that may be available to you!

    • Apply to have it set-aside
    • Appeal the CCJ
    • Pay the CCJ in full within 30 days
    • Pay the CCJ after more than 30 days
    • Refuse to pay the CCJ
    • Consider finance options
    • Creditors Voluntary Liquidation
    • Allow creditors to wind-up company

    If your business is faced with a CCJ, the whole situation can be daunting. At Business Helpline our insolvency practitioner has a wealth of experience to keep your business on track. Get in touch with our team who will be able to assist you implement the best solution based on your situation.

    How much debt does your business have?

      How much money does your company owe?

      Less than £20,000

      £20,000 to £50,000

      £50,000 to £100,000

      More than £100,000

      How many creditors are there?

      5 or more

      less than 5

      Can your company currently pay its debts, commitments and suppliers?



      Types of debt outstanding

      Bounce Back Loan



      Bank Borrowing

      Staff Wages

      Other Liabilities

      Would you like to check if you can claim redundancy?




      Great News! It Looks Like We Can Help

      You may be entitled to claim Director Redundancy - Average UK claim is £9,000*

      Get Your Results Online To See The Options Available

      🔒 100% Free & Confidential Advice

      Safe, Secure & Confidential

      Trustpilot logo

      Trustpilot logo


      The court will only reduce payments on a CCJ if you cannot afford the payments you have been asked to make.

      Get your free telephone assesment today today

      More County Court Judgement (CCJ) FAQs

      How long do I have to fill out the CCJ form?

      You have 14 days to get the N9A or N9B form returned to your creditors. The exact deadline will depend on what the court has requested on the form. If you need more time and cannot reply via post, you should be able to get in touch online. They key is to act early in responding to a CCJ.

      What if my CCJ is unaffordable?

      If you did not return the form in time, you could be asked to pay

      back more at a faster rate. Equally, you might feel as though the initial repayment requests could cause you some strain. In either case, you could either:

      • Request a change to the payment terms
      • Ask to have the CCJ cancelled or ‘set aside’, if you feel it should not have happened

      Before court action starts

      Under court rules called the pre-action protocol for debt claims, the court expects people to do all they can to avoid court action. It expects both you and the creditor to give each other a reasonable amount of information so that each side can understand the other’s position.

      It also expects you to try to reach an agreement to avoid court action if you can. If you are not sure that the creditor has acted properly, contact us for advice. See our Pre-action protocol in the County Court fact sheet for more information.

      What happens if I don't pay my CCJ?

      A CCJ is a serious matter and can have severe consequences if left unpaid. You

      should expect the situation to escalate quickly towards some form of enforcement such as:

      • Third Party Debt Order
      • Attachment to earnings order
      • Charging Order
      • Winding up petition

      If your CCJ remains unpaid, this

      could be used as a platform for further action, such as bailiffs or a compulsory liquidation. Failure to pay your CCJ could present your company as being ‘insolvent’ and may lead to a winding up petition.

      If you believe your company may be insolvent or in financial distress, you should

      contact a licensed insolvency practitioner who will be able to assess your situation further and consider viable options for the best route forward.

      Can I appeal my CCJ?

      You can choose to appeal the CCJ if you feel that the amount put against your company is incorrect. This could be that you dispute the approximate figure of the debt lodged against your business, or you feel that the entire request it simply nonsensical. If you can prove either of these points in your favour, you may want to appeal your CCJ. An application to appeal the CCJ should be made within 21 days of the decision. If you win the appeal, the CCJ will be taken off the register and will have no impact on you or your limited company. If you are unsure which form to fill out, please speak with one of our debt advisors.

      What should I do if my company receives a CCJ?

      If a creditor has taken reasonable

      A business will typically have 14 days to respond to the CCJ by completing the appropriate paperwork. You can request an extension of 14 days if necessary. Should you fail to respond to the CCJ, the court will issue the CCJ against your company.

      What is included in a CCJ letter?

      Four forms should be included in a CCJ. These are the:

      • N1 – Claim form
      • N9 – Response pack
      • N9A – Admission (the amount requested)
      • N9B – Defence and counterclaim

      Particulars of claim

      An N1 form will specifically note how much you owe in a section called the ‘particulars of claim’. This area highlights what debt the is. If this is not present with the N1 form, it can be sent separately.

      If your form does not include all of the information noted above, you should get

      in touch with your creditor or court as

      soon as you can.

      Free Expert Advice Online